UK – Working with trees can be exceptionally dangerous especially if the work involves tree felling or the process of cutting down trees. One slight miscalculation or even just a stroke of bad luck could end up seriously injuring you or even kill you. For this reason, you should just leave heavy and dangerous tasks like this to the professionals. There are tree professionals like arborists or tree surgeons that are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to carefully and successfully conduct a tree felling work. These professionals would be able to examine and evaluate the direction from which the tree will fall once they cut it down in order to avoid compromising the safety of your family as well as damaging your property.
However, for slightly less dangerous tasks such as limbing, trimming or pruning, you can work on it yourself provided that you know the basic safety rules.
- WEAR THE RIGHT GEAR. It is important that you wear all the appropriate gear when trimming trees. Use a protective leather lineman’s glove, close fitting long sleeved clothing and a non-conducting hat when working on trees involving electrical work. You should also wear eye protection because your eyes will be exposed to dust, wood particles, insects and pine needles. The chainsaw could also get very loud that is why you would need to wear ear protection.
- ASSESS THE WORK NEEDED TO BE DONE. Remember that each job is different and they may require different strategies. If you are trimming limbs from higher branches then you would need a fall protection harness, a climbing rope and an aerial lift. Be very careful when cutting limbs or branches because you may end up cutting your own equipment. Always check the news for good or bad weather.
- WARN PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOUR WORK AREA. This is important so that they would know that it is dangerous to be lingering about your work area.
- WORK WITH A PARTNER. Don’t just work on it alone. Seek out help with your closest friends or even your wife.
- DON’T USE CONDUCTIVE TOOLS NEAR POWER LINES. Ladders, pole trimmers and anything that can conduct electricity should stay away from the power lines and follow the minimum distances unless you are highly trained.
- INSPECT THE TREE BEFORE YOU CLIMB. Look out for cracks or any weaknesses.
If you can afford it, you might want to hire tree service professionals like those from Ark Fencing & Tree Work to prune, maintain and care for your trees because doing so could help raise the value of your property.
Moving can be very expensive that is why it is important that you consider saving money on things that you could save money on such as packing supplies like boxes, tape, etc. This is important because when you are planning to move, there will be certain parts of the moving process wherein you will be required to draw money that you can’t exactly cutback.
If you want to save as much money as you can, the best thing to do is to save on packing supplies. To do this, you should first create a list of all the packing supplies that you may need. This is important because having a list will help you keep your budget under control.
- Getting Plastic Containers. What’s good about plastic containers is that you’ll be able to store them away and use them for the next move or with storing seasonal items such as Christmas decors, Halloween decors, etc. With plastic containers, packing is much easier and moving is less of a hassle. However, these plastic containers can be very expensive that is why if you want to save on packing supplies without having to sacrifice convenience, why not try asking some of your friends or family who you know had recently moved if they have plastic containers to spare? If you’re thinking about purchasing moving boxes, you should probably pitch in some plastic containers to all because of convenience. You also have the option for renting plastic containers. There are lots of companies out there who would be willing to rent you plastic containers for a fee.
- Getting Used Boxes. The best thing about moving boxes is that you don’t necessarily need to purchase them because they can be found anywhere. In fact, you can just ask for them free of charge from convenience stores, office buildings, friends, etc.
- Garbage Bags. When you are going to use garbage bags, make sure to buy those that are transparent so it would be easier to know what items are inside.
Packing Supplies. If you plan on purchasing packing supplies such as bubble wrap, packing tape, markers and even new boxes when necessary, you should purchase from well established companies like Paper Mart in order to be assured of the quality of the supplies.
It has always been regarded by many that when it comes to food and wine, the meat should be paired with red wine while the fish is for the white wine. As time goes by and people’s taste evolves, the statement cannot be stated as a fact anymore. What about in the case beer? Are there rules that should be followed as well? Will sushi and steak demands the same taste when it comes to beer? Or do we eat Indian food best when we pair with only Indian beer? Are there recommended ales perfect for dessert?
This and many more questions were answered by the author of The Beer Bible, Jeff Alworth. As a revelation, beer has proven to be quite versatile when it comes to food pairing. Jeff shared how beer manufacturing countries makes local cuisines that are in harmony with the taste of the local beer produced. This is why a bitter cask is suited for the fish and chips while the pale ales produced in Belgium are perfect for moules frites. In case you are located in a country with no local beer produced, it is suggested to choose beer flavors that will blend in harmony with the food or will contrast the food in a good way.
One thing to remember is to avoid beer and food tastes that do not complement each other such as roasty and tart. The intensity of the flavor must also be kept in mind. There are delicate menus that can be overpowered by a strong flavored beer and light ales may not be as impressive when paired with foods that are overflowing with flavors and spices. For dishes that are more on the heavy and rich taste, it is best to partner sharp tasting beer in order to make an impact with the density of flavor the food offers.
In cases where there is not much choice then choose either pilsner or saison as they are both versatile beer types that will suit any type of cuisine. These tips can come in handy if you are visiting an Indian restaurant with no idea on what beer to order with the food.
It is quite challenging to start an online business in the cosmetics industry wherein customers would prefer to “feel it, touch it and smell it” but taking risks can often lead to success. There are opportunities in Australia’s highly fragmented online cosmetics industry with no individual company generating more than 5% of total revenue.
There are female startups that have seized the opportunity by creating products that they themselves want to use and by using social media to drum up business instead of trying to gain a foothold in traditional sales channels composed of department stores and pharmacies. IBIS World has valued the online perfume and cosmetics industry in Australia at A$259 million and has said that the industry is presently experiencing robust growth.
Evette Hess, co-founder of Pino Cosmetics identified a gap in the market for brow kit while she was still working as a beautician. Hess and her husband invested A$100,000 on Poni products and now they are generating between A$1 million to A$2 million a year. The use of social media was the key to Poni’s growth.
A lot of businesses still have to realize the importance of social media which allows businesses to connect with people all over the world. Through social media, a business can create content and engage with consumers through the website. The consumer enjoys a better experience because there is no grumpy staff that unfortunately happens to experience a bad day.
According to journalist, author and blogger Foster Blake, the digital revolution has allowed businesses to work from everywhere and set up a store without shop. It is obviously the renaissance for entrepreneurs and everyone seems to be getting the idea; however, for longevity in the digital world, the product has to be really solid. Social media and the internet cost basically next to nothing to marketing a product and anyone can open a website and start selling online.
There are various steps on how to create an online store and there are professionals who can share their skills and talents to make your web pages look great on any screen. Using a store builder will allow your site to be immediately integrated to social media to gain online presence.
As a homeowner, you should understand that every part of the house is important. But some parts are more important than others. For example, your house’s electrical system brings light and necessity to the household while your kitchen allows you to create the sustenance you and your family would need to survive. But with all these different systems and parts, there is only one that truly brings life to the house. This system is none other than the plumbing and drainage systems.
Your house’s plumbing allows you to gain access to the most valuable resource there is: water. Because of this, it is always important that you maintain it in perfect running condition and to do that, you must conduct regular servicing and maintenance. It would also do you great good if you know how to prevent common plumbing problems. Know that even the simplest and littlest of efforts can have a great impact on the plumbing system. Negligence, however, would only lead to serious plumbing issues that may cost you loads of money.
Here are some ways you can prevent common plumbing problems.
- Avoid pouring grease into the sink. If you want to avoid a serious clogging problem, it would be best that you avoid pouring cooking grease down the drain because they don’t go completely down. Instead, they cool and then harden. Instead, you can place them in cartons and have them chill in the refrigerator before throwing them away.
- Inexpensive plumbing drain screens can prevent clogging. When you use a drain screen in your sink, bathtub, and shower, you will be able to prevent food particles, minute items and even hair from going down the drain.
- Don’t close faucet handles too tightly. Closing them too tightly can contribute to its quick wear and tear, thus shortening its lifespan.
- Install a hose screen on your washing machine. Doing this can ultimately improve your washing machine’s performance as it keeps sediments from clogging the pumps and valves. Hose screens can also extend your washing machine’s life.
Know that prevention is the key but when problems cannot be prevented, it is important that you immediately call professional plumbers such as those from Pro Jett in order to avoid worsening them.
UK’s biggest shopping day of the year is Black Friday. Some retailers have already launched their Black Friday offerings to gain the interest of online buyers. Black Friday 2014 generated £810m on online purchases alone and a further £710 three days later on Cyber Monday. According to Experian-IMRG experts, this year’s sales are predicted to surpass £1 billion during the 24-hour period, a first in the history of UK.
On the other hand, the Center for Retail Research estimates that online spending on Black Friday will reach approximately £966m but the total Black Friday sales (online and physical stores) will reach about £1.39 billion. Shopping over the entire weekend is expected at £3.5 billion.
Amazon was the US ecommerce giant that brought Black Friday to UK stores in 2010. Amazon had a successful Black Friday sale last year where it sold 5.5 million items. At the stroke of midnight on Monday, November 23rd, Amazon will be kicking off a week of limited time “lightning deals”.
AO.com is online electrical retailer that has increased its warehouse space by 30,000 square feet and put 16pc more vans on the road to be able to cope with up with the expected consumer demand during this year’s Black Friday. AO.com has announced that it will be knocking up £500 off on £4K TV’s with an average of £50 savings on all televisions and sound devices. 70pc will be the discount a customer can expect on coffee machines, food processors, juicers and vacuums while washing machines will be £100 cheaper.
Argos will make every Friday a good one through its “Red, White and Blue Fridays” campaign. Argos will be offering deals on three Fridays preceding November 27 so that shoppers do not have to do all their shopping on Black Friday. Last year, Argos experienced an overwhelming 660,000 visits on its website within hour after it has announced Black Friday deals.
After you have purchased items on Black Friday, your next stop is packaging. To make packaging simple yet elegant, why not opt for gift bags. However, make sure to invest in the gift bags the same way you did to your presents.
It can be assumed that every part of the house is important but if you are going to base the importance on necessity, then some parts will always be more important than others. Bathrooms, for example, are not only important because of the use people have for them, but also because of the fact that they can greatly increase or decrease the value of a house, depending on the choices one would have on their bathrooms.
Going back to necessity, the bathroom is an exclusive area for cleansing and bathing. Physical cleanliness is important not only because of health reasons but also for the fact that people always strives to appear clean and presentable. For this reason, one should always keep their bathrooms clean and properly maintained. This includes getting the bathrooms organized. Organization is an important factor in any room but for a room that is extensively used, it is more so.
Here are some bathroom organization tips that you may find useful one day.
- CLEAR THE MESS. In the bathroom, you will find an assortment of items, from makeup to medicines, towels, etc., and they may not always be organized properly. In fact, they can become the root of all the mess inside the bathroom that is why you should place them in an exclusive cabinet.
- ADDITIONAL SHELVES. Do you find it hard to reach the shampoo or the soap whenever you are taking a shower? Then why not add rust-proof shelves below the showerhead? If that is too much of a hassle for you, you can just opt to buy a showerhead with built-in shelves.
- HANGING BARS. Did you know that you can buy a shower curtain rod with a towel bar? This would make it easier for you to reach your towels.
- THE DIVIDE. It would be better to sort out the items in the bathroom based on the frequency of use. Remember that Oak Bathroom Furniture with cabinets? Well, you can definitely place a number of items there. Just make sure to place the frequently used items at the top drawer.
- KNOW WHAT YOU CAN THROW AWAY. Some things are better thrown away than kept like those expired medicines you don’t need.